Our guiding values are based on the principles and approach of the late Professor Fred Hollows, an internationally acclaimed eye surgeon and an activist for social justice who championed the right of all people to high quality and affordable eye care and good health.
At The Fred Hollows Foundation we:
- believe that everyone has the right to sight, and that Indigenous Australians have the right to the same health outcomes as other Australians
- advocate for these rights, and collaborate with partners – individuals, communities, organisations and governments – to overcome avoidable blindness everywhere
- work together with organisations in Australia to achieve the highest attainable standard of health, including eye health, for Indigenous Australians
- respect and seek to learn from our partners with the aim of strengthening local institutions and systems wherever we work
- share skills and resources with organisations working in the same area to avoid replicating services and support already provided
- promote innovative thinking and considered risk-taking in pursuit of our goals
- are committed to being accountable, honest and transparent in everything we do
- apply our values to promote good governance within our own organisation.
- Fred enjoyed a cherished bond with many Indigenous Australians and our Reconciliation Action Plan represents our ongoing commitment to Indigenous culture, rights and perspectives.
- The Foundation is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and a signatory to the ACFID Code of Conduct.
- We are a public company limited by guarantee; registered under corporate law, section 148 (1); and registered under the provisions of the Charitable Fundraising Act (NSW) 1991 – CFN 13014. Our ACN is 070 556 642.
The Fred Hollows Foundation Board, elected by the members of The Foundation, is responsible for ensuring good financial stewardship of The Foundation's assets. In fulfilling this responsibility to members, donors and other stakeholders, these are the principles and processes that will be applied and utilised.
The Foundation has a process for handling complaints which can be activated by phoning 02 8741 1900, or by emailing email@example.com
> Download Investment Charter
> Download Corporate Governance Charter
> Download Constitution
Make a Donation
Call us: 1800 352 352