Leave a bequest
Leaving the world a better place was one of Fred Hollows' basic beliefs.
He was passionate about restoring sight to disadvantaged people in developing countries and improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians.
The world is a better place as a result of Fred’s hard work, but there’s still much to be done. You can help The Fred Hollows Foundation continue Fred’s work with a gift in your Will.
Being named a beneficiary in people's Wills forms a significant part of our income and helps us restore people’s sight, hope, dignity and independence.
Contact The Foundation's Planned Giving Coordinator (see below).
Types of gifts
After providing for your family and friends, you may be wondering how to support The Foundation with a gift in your Will.
Bequests can be made for The Foundation's general purposes, for our International programs or for our Australian Indigenous programs.
The gift can take the form of:
- the residue of the estate
- a percentage of the estate
- a specific amount of money
- a life insurance or superannuation policy
- assets such as shares, property, works of art, jewellery
- an investment in perpetuity.
If you are able to help The Foundation through a donation in your Will, you may wish to consult your solicitor, trustee company or the Public Trustee regarding the wording.
"He couldn't see clearly to live his life – he hopes that you can put this to good use so others can see the beauty he couldn't." - Message sent with husband’s bequest
Suggested wording for your Will
For your convenience, here is some suggested wording and our organisational details.
1. I give ________________ to one of the following nominated beneficiaries:
1.1 The Fred Hollows Foundation for its general purposes.
1.2 The Fred Hollows Foundation International Programs for its general purposes.
1.3 The Fred Hollows Foundation Australian Indigenous Programs for its general purposes.
2. I declare that the receipt of the secretary, treasurer or other proper officer of the nominated beneficiary will be a full discharge for my trustee who will not be bound to see its application.
- The Foundation is a registered company under corporate law, section 148 (1). ABN 46 070 556 642
- The Foundation is registered under the provisions of the Charitable Fundraising Act (NSW) 1991. CFM 13014
- The Foundation is a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct.
- The Foundation is a partner in the World Health Organization initiative VISION 2020 The Right to Sight, which aims to eradicate all forms of avoidable blindness by the year 2020.
If you are a solicitor and you have a client who would like to leave a bequest to The Fred Hollows Foundation, please pass on our sincere appreciation.
Planned Giving Coordinator
Phone: 02 8741 1900
Fax: 02 8741 1999
Address: Level 2, 61 Dunning Ave, Rosebery NSW 2018
Mail: Locked Bag 5021, Alexandria NSW 2015
Make a Donation
Call us: 1800 352 352